| Photo: gs |
1. What was the last movie you loved? - Ransom, with Mel Gibson.
2. What was the first album you owned? - John Lee Hooker.
3. What was the last book you read? - I'm still reading it. It's a book about Area 51 called Hidden Agenda.
4. What's your favourite place to eat? - It's a Japanese restaurant in London called Shogun.
5. Do you have a pet peeve? - Fair-weather friends.
6. What's your idea of the perfect Sunday? - At home with my family, feet up in the afternoon after a nice Sunday lunch, watching a live soccer match on television.
7. Have you ever been mistaken for another celebrity? - At the Gotham Hotel in New York in the early '70s, I went in there and all these fans jumped on me and I started to sign these albums and realized they were Beatles albums. They said, "You're George, aren't you?" There is a slight resemblance.
8. What's your favourite junk food? - I don't eat much junk food. The occasional burger at Sticky's, I guess.
9. What are you doing on New Year's Eve, 1999? - I'm going to have a quiet time at home in the country in my 15th-century house with my family,and just stay away from all that mayhem.I think it's going to be absolute lunacy.
10. What gadget can you not live without? - My computer.
11. Do you have a hobby or habit you think would surprise people? - Archeology, I suppose.
12. What's your favourite piece of clothing? - Jeans.
13. What could change about yourself? - My height. I'd always like to be a bit taller.
14. Whom do you most admire? - Leonardo Da Vinci.
15. What is your greatest extravagance? -My family holidays. They always like to go to the sun. My wife's from California and we don't get a lot of sun in England.
16. If you are reincarnated, who would you be? - You know what Einstein said when he was asked that question? He said he'd like to be a plumber. I think I'd like to be a wildlife photographer.
17. Do you have a favourite quote? - The greatest English comedian, Spike Milligan, was asked what he'd like written on his tombstone when he died and he said, "I told you I was ill."
18. Do you know who Chewbacca is? - Yeah. He's that big bear in Star Wars.
19. Are you worried about Y2K? - Y2-what? I've heard it somewhere but I can't place it.