01 April 2006

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Burgerweeshuis Deventer - 01 April 2006

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjMR4zSH Deventer, 1st April 2006
After their last German gig in Hannover, AL & HHs left for Holland where they played one gig in Deventer. We decided to take the lot and went there. I had a good memory of this venue as the Rhythm Kings were playing here in September 2004. Fantastic gig, lovely audience, the band was just brilliant. COUNTRY BOY was outstanding and the Elvis songs got extra cheers. Also, MAN OF CONSTANT SORROW was another highlights in the set, and of course one of my all-time favoutes BEFORE I GROW TOO OLD was done by Pete Wingfield on keyboards and vocals.


Band:
Albert Lee, git, voc, mandolin, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Pete Wingfield, key, voc


 

Set List (not complete and not always  in the right order)
I'm Ready
Restless

Let it Roll
Rock around with Ollie Vee
I can't quit you (Pete W)

Two more bottles of wine
Evangelina
Tiger Rag

Only with you
Real Wild Child
Pulling it off
Before I grow too old (Pete W)

Luxury Liner
Just because
Man of constant sorrow
Singing the blues 
Sleepless nights
Country Boy

Encore:

Don't
Tear it up