25 Februar 2007

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Botley Hill Farm Warlingham - 25 Feb 2007

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes at Botley Hill Farm, Warlingham - 25 Feb 2007
Botley Hill Farm - 25 Feb 2007

Review:
A short drive from Jilly's place to Botley Hill Farm, lovely venue (marquee) in an old farm house. Albert said it's not the Royal Albert Hall but they call it the 'Royal Albert Tent'. 

Thanks to Maggie I was given a seat close to the stage, not centre front row but an excellent view was guaranteed. My aching feet said thank you as this was a seated venue. I couldn't spot any empty seats and was caught immediately by the great atmosphere. Full line-up with Elio and the same setlist as in the Half Moon a couple of days earlier. Some people had their birthday parties there, and the band dedicated songs for them. One of the birthday boys turned 50 and got a fine birthday present, an Albert Lee Signature Music Man Guitar, which he had signed by the man himself later. Wayne Lee joined for the encore and he, Albert and the band had fun playing together. I left rather late after saying bye-bye to everyone, another short night for me - but of course worth it !

As I had a late flight next day I took my time driving through small villages in the neighbourhood, found a sort of 'haunted' churchyard in Limpsfield, took some photos and then off to Gatwick. Here's to Mickleton next weekend catching up with Beryl and friends!


Band:
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Elio Pace, key, acc, voc
Wayne Lee guesting for the encore.




Set 1  (not complete and probably not always in the right order)
Road Runner
Rock around with Ollie Vee

Pulling it Off 
Fool's Gold
Brandnew heartache
Tiger Rag

Crying in the rain

Breathless

Set 2
Baby that is Rock'n Roll
Hanging on
A Man of constant sorrow
Wake up screaming

One way rider
Dimming of the day
Country Boy

Encore:
Don't
Hound Dog

Tear it up (with Wayne Lee on keyboards)



Comment from: thisisjuanitatoo (Beryl), sent: 28/02/2007
Hope you get some rest Gudrun, I bet Albert and the boys will be shattered too by the end of the tour... I was looking at the dates and realised what a long and intensive tour they will do ... You take care and if the weather there is bad snuggle up warm indoors. Love from Beryl.