08 November 2009

Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Salisbury City Hall - 08 Nov 2009

Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings on an extensive UK tour in Oct/ Nov/Dec 2009   -  "Best of ..... live 2009".



My brief review:

The Salisbury show was excellent. A better seat this time but photos were not allowed. I managed to take some quick shots but the quality leaves to be desired. Bill modelled the new Rhythm Kings T-Shirt - looking good according to Beverley  ;)
Gary US Bonds turned out to be an excellent addition to the band doing some of his own stuff and also a ballad from the great Otis Redding "I got dreams" which is simply beautiful and caused goose bumps. Set lists are included in the FlickR photo album (to get there just click on the above picture).

A downer for me was that I had to go home already next day while the band carried on to Wales. Brief chats with some of the band members after show, Terry Taylor signed me the tour programme and Geraint kindly signed me his CD "Watkins in a bad mood".

I was still fighting my cold, and our damp hotel room with leaking windows and unheated bathroom didn't help. Freezing to death I went to bed with stockings, glad to leave that terrible place behind early next morning.


Line-up: 
Bill Wyman, bass, voc
Terry Taylor, git, voc
Graham Broad,  dr
Albert Lee, git, key, voc
Georgie Fame, hammond organ, voc
Geraint Watkins, key,, voc, acc
Beverley Skeete, voc,, perc.
Frank Mead, sax, flute, perc
Nick Payn, sax flute, perc


Special guest:
Gary US Bonds, voc