Urban Jungle Tour, Prague, August 1990
| | First time after the iron curtain fell the Stones played in Prague. Hans, Karin & I were lucky to attend this historic event. The journey to Prague would alone fill a complete page .... but eventually we arrived safely and in good time. It was a scorching hot day but as soon as the Stones took to the stage, it started pouring with rain. Czech president Vaclav Havel was among the audience and had a special seat on the tribune. We drove down to Prague in one go and back to Berlin right after the show .... in the middle of the night and more dead than alive - but it was fantastic. Hans kept me entertained so that I couldn't fall asleep at the steering wheel while Karin crashed out on the backseat of the car .... |
I remember that Hans emptied one bottle of JD during the drive and the whole car was smelling like a whiskey barrel .... We still had to present our passports at the border, and I remember the Czech custom officials threwing strange looks at us .... Boy, that was a night to remember. Einige wenige Bilder im FlickR Album bitte hier klicken |