Amager Bio Copenhagen, Denmark
Postponed gig, now 21st August 2008.
Of course, I went as this is not too far from my home town.
"Britiske Albert Lee er kendt for sin særlige karakteristiske guitarteknik, som han har udviklet siden han modtog sin første guitar som 16-årig. Sidenhen har man oplevet ham sammen med navne som Emmylou Harris, Eric Clapton og The Everly Brothers. Oplev en vaskeægte Guitar Hero i Amager Bio!"
From: Gudrun, Sent: 23/08/2008 04:48
Copenhagen, Amager Bio, 21st August 2008, very brief review.
Albert is back from his well-deserved break, hurrah, Hogan's Heroes hit the road again and did their first gig in Copenhagen/Denmark last Thursday. This was one of the postponed gigs due to Albert's broken arm injury. It wasn't too far away, and - suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms, I started Thursday morning, short ferry crossing to Denmark and arrived in good time. The gig was fantastic, out of the cold, as Albert said, they had no time to rehearse, but hey, they are pro's. I noticed from the continuous applause that especially the new songs from their latest album LIKE THIS hit the mark. For Elio, it was his first gig in Denmark with the band and people fell for him on the spot. A greatful and responsive audience (mainly male) had a nice hand for each band member after every solo. Photos were not allowed but I managed to take a few and put them up. After "Country Boy" frenetic clapping and stomping until they came out again and did the encores. Later, the boys made their fans happy who queued endlessly getting their stuff signed or just for a handshake and a brief chat. Great show - and here's to the next one before long !
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Elio Pace, key, acc, voc
Set List / not complete and not always in the right order.
Restless
Two Step Too
Tiger Rag
I'll never get over you
Why me
Breathless
Barnyard Boogie
Rad Gumbo
Crying in the Rain
Can your grandpa rock'n roll like this
Leave my woman alone
Till I gain control again
Country Boy
Encore:
Don't
Hound Dog
Tear it up
