03 Dezember 2010

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes at 100Club London - 03 Dec 2010

100Club London - 03 Dec 2010

23
After the great 'Save the 100 Club gig' feat.Ronnie Wood, Stephen Dale Petit, Chris Barber, Dick Taylor and many others two days earlier, I went to pay the Club a second visit, this time to see Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes.

Line-Up:
Albert Lee, git, voc, keyb.
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Gavin Povey, key, voc


About the gig: 3rd Dec 2010
Last gigs for this year, hopefully not the last one at legendary 100Club. forever ... It was so nice meeting up with old and new friends, Karen from London, Sarah & Dave, Anja from Belgium and others from the UK which I hadn't seen for quite some time. There were no changes to the setlist, Albert dedicated the Heads Hands & Feet title SONG AND DANCE to an old friend of his who came to see him after 10 years. Gerry's excellent steel guitar work on RUNAWAY TRAIN was received with extra applause, same goes for Gavin with GLORY BOUND.

Despite of his cold, Peter did an excellent job on I'LL NEVER GET OVER YOU, also his OH DARLING got extra cheers, obviously many Beatles fans among the audience! To quote my friend Babs 'it's hard to get the drummer on a photo' ;-), indeed, I hardly managed to get a proper pic of Peter!

Albert also referred to the threatening closure of the club and said he hopes that this wasn't their last gig at the legendary venue. I thought the club wasn't sold out but there were many latecomers due to the bad weather conditions and eventually it got really packed.



Karen Edlin and I saving the 100Club - or at least trying .. ;-)
(Albert & Hogan's Heroes 100Club gig on 3rd December 2010).


Albert joined the campaign.










Set List London, 100 Club
Set 1

YOUR BOYS (Gerry acoustic guitar)
RESTLESS
SONG AND DANCE
TRAVELIN' PRAYER
RUNAWAY TRAIN
GLORY BOUND (Gavin Povey voc)
I'M COMING HOME
WHEELS
I'LL NEVER GET OVER YOU (Peter Baron voc)
THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR THE SUNRISE (mainly instrumental, Gav voc)
RAD GUMBO
HIGHWAYMAN  (Albert on piano)
BREATHLESS  (Albert on piano, Gerry on guitar))

Set 2
BARNYARD BOOGIE
TWO STEP TOO
YOU'RE ONLY LONELY (Gerry Hogan & AL acoustic guitars)
LEAVE THE CANDLE (Peter Baron voc)
ON THE VERGE
LET IT BE ME (piano time for Albert)
OH DARLING  (Peter Baron voc)
LEAVE MY WOMAN ALONE
TILL I GAIN CONTROL AGAIN (Albert on piano)
COUNTRY BOY

Encore
SKIP ROPE SONG (Albert & Gav on piano)
TEAR IT UP