30 Oktober 2011

Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Theatre Royal Glasgow - 30 Oct 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gudrunfromberlin/sets/72157628039768084/
Theatre Royal, Glasgow - 30 Oct 2011
Line-up:
Bill Wyman - bass, vocals
Beverley Skeete - vocals, percussion
Terry Taylor - guitar, vocals
Albert Lee - git, key, voc
Graham Broad - drums
Nick Payn - sax, flute, harmonica
Frank Mead - sax, harmonica, percussion, voc
Geraint Watkins - keyboards, vocals
Georgie Fame - Hammond organ, vocals

Special guest:
Mary Wilson (of the Supremes) - vocals



My brief review:
Finally in Glasgow, a nice stay which was in walking distance to the venue. The Theatre Royal turned out to be an old fashioned plush theatre with a shabby charme, but all very stylish and I fell for it on the spot. This time, I was given a seat on the 'dress circle' but with a good view. I could spot only a handful of empty seats around. A great atmosphere, people were determined to enjoy themselves and the ice was broken immediately. Especially Geraint's deadpan humour caused lots of laughter. I took some photos but was soon told off by a steward, they were really tight on cameras and I was only able to shoot some more towards the end. The band were as brilliant as usual, a very responsive Scottish audience, and when HONKY TONK WOMEN was on they all went crazy! Thanks again to the band for giving me a fantastic time also for the invite later for chats and drinks. It was my last gig for a while, hope to get to see them again before too long.

I'm adding a comment by fellow-fan Graham D'Arcy who was there and shared his comments on Bill's FB Fansite:
"Theatre Royal, Glasgow 30/10/11 - Excellent show with an outstanding performance by Mary Wilson (Ex Supremes). Band consisted of Bill Wyman (Bass & Vocals); Georgie Fame & Geraint Watkins (Keyboards & Vocals); Terry Taylor & Albert Lee (Guitars & Vocals); Beverley Skeete (Vocals); Frank Mead & Nick Payn (Saxophones, Flutes & Harmonicas); Graham Broad (Drums & Percussion). Frank Mead also did one song !!! Good selection of tunes from all types of Music. Superbly entertaining!!! If you missed this one try the next one. We'll be taking our grand-children next time, need someone to push the wheelchair or support the zimmer."