22 Dezember 2012

Lee Dorman (Iron Butterfly) found dead in his car

Sad news from Martin Gerschwitz:

Photo gs. Taken at
Maschinenhaus Berlin 2010
"Hey guys,
I guess everybody heard it by now, but yesterday the world lost a good friend of mine and fellow musician, Mr. Lee Dorman (Bass player of "Iron Butterfly") - he was found dead in his car, apparently after a heart attack, most likely on his way to a doctor's appointment ... he has had severe heart problems for years and was on a transplant list for quite a while already, too!! He'll always be remembered as a wonderful human being and a terrific and very influential bass player/musician as well!!!

I personally will honor him at my next Jam Night at "Hennessey's" in DP(12/27), and I'll dedicate that night to his memory !!!
RIP, my friend - you'll never be forgotten !!!"


War etwas geschockt, ich hatte ihn vor nicht allzu langer Zeit im Maschinenhaus Berlin mit Iron Butterfly spielen sehen. Unvergessen, Captain Beyond und Iron Butterfly!