De Oosterpoort Groningen
Featuring:
Bill Wyman - bass, vocals
Beverley Skeete - vocals, percussion
Albert Lee - guitar, keyboards, vocals
Terry Taylor - guitar, vocals
Andy Fairweather Low, git, voc
Nick Payn - saxophone, flute, harmonica, backgr vocals
Frank Mead - saxophone, harmonica, clarinet, percussion
Chris Stainton - keyboards
Graham Broad - drums, backgr vocals
Special guest:
Eddie Floyd, voc.
A stand-up gig, and I stood front row with Adele, Jan and another Dutch friend. Bill pointed at us making some jokes ..."all familiar faces in the front row.... ". A lot of wheel chair people this time as the place was spacy. I made friends with some locals and took great photos but due to bad luck I lost my camera chip (stolen), so all the photos are lost for good. I collected some bits and pieces from local newspapers here just for the records.
The show was brilliant as usual. Nick Payn should be mentioned during "Mystery train" because of the great percussion he did (Adele's absolute favourite) which is funny and always puts a smile on our faces.
The set list was pretty much the same as for Rotterdam and Enschede - apart from one song. This was the only show where "Man of Constant Sorrow" was on, never heard it on the other Dutch gigs again. No interval this time.
Back to the hotel which was in walking distance in thick fog, then relaxing in my warm and cozy room. Next day was a day off which I spent in Hoogeven, my next destination.
Back to the hotel which was in walking distance in thick fog, then relaxing in my warm and cozy room. Next day was a day off which I spent in Hoogeven, my next destination.
The newspaper article from 'Dagblad von het Noorden' says that Bill took his time to see the illustrator Mark de Jonge in Groningen.
