15 Juli 2006

Jeff Beck & Band, Zitadelle Spandau - 15 July 2006


https://flic.kr/s/aHsjRMPKN8

Last night (15 July 2006), Jeff Beck played at Zitadelle Spandau Berlin (open air):
Went to see him and took some reasonable photos. Due to unexpected changes in the organisation (gigs started earlier as scheduled which was not announced) I missed Buddy Guy but came right in time for Jeff. The good thing, I was given a reduction of more than 50 % on the very high ticket price after complaining. The gig took place in the yard of an old citadel perfect place on a hot summer night). Due to many other events taking currently place in Berlin it wasn't sold out. I was able to sneak almost to the front so that I had a good view. Jeff and his white Strat looked stunning, looks haven't changed, he was as tightlipped as ever, just "hi" and a few words at the end, played approx 1.5 hours and that was that. Jeff Beck's backing band consisted mostly of members of Sting's old band. The excellent keyboarder deserves a special mention as he did some solos together with Jeff which were outstanding. 2 encores - finally Jeff played "Somewhere over the rainbow" which was quite touching.
Some newspaper reviews are incluced in the photo album (click on the poster) who say it all - nothing to add from my part.