23 März 2014

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Deluxe-Bar Heidenheim - 23 March 2014


https://flic.kr/s/aHsjX3kyMp

Siggi's Guitar Festival  (Siggi Schwarz Concerts)

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes at Deluxe Bar Heidenheim, 23.03.2014 - one of the gigs I could have done without. Couldn't help but write down some comments.

"The gig was announced as part of guitarist Siggi Schwarz's guitar festival whch sounded very promising as Siggi has a good name in the scene. Unfortunately it was moved from Lokschuppen Heidenheim to a smaller place called Deluxe Bar without any notice (just a last minute note by Siggi on the internet - bad luck if you hadn't access), what a bummer. Not easy to find due to a confusing one-way system in that city, and when I finally reached the venue it was crammed to the limit and people stood like sardines in a tin. Hot as in a sauna and difficult to breathe, I felt sorry for the band as people stood so close. Nevertheless, they charged €24.-- at the door.
Impossible to get close to the stage and I spent the evening at Sue's table in the far back and could at least listen to the music - but it meant another downer: no proper photos possible. The set list was slightly changed as can be seen below. The friendly bar staff made up a bit for all the obstacles and the gig was great as usual, but I was only too happy to get out of this place as quick as possible."



Line-Up:
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Phil Cranham, bass
Gavin Povey, key, voc


No Support.

Set list - Set 1
Good Riddance (The Time of Your Life)
Restless
Runaway Train
You just might    Little Things
Take your time 
Looks like love  
Did I tell you
No one can make my sunshine smile  Sleepless nights
I'll never get over you  
Country Comfort
Brand new heartache 
My window faces   Just because
Learning the game
Real wild child
Sweet Little Lisa

Set 2
Handle with Care
Luxury Liner
Big Town Girl
You keep me hanging on   Evangelina
The King of Broken Hearts 
Oh Marie
Spellbound
Glory Bound

Leave my woman alone
Highwayman  Till I gain control again
Country Boy

Encore:
A Better Place
Tear it up