Kulturwerkstatt Melle-Buer - 11 April 2015
Band:
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Chris Palmer, bass, voc
Doña Oxford, key, voc
The bands' last gig in Germany. A very responsive audience, the band were brilliant as usual, but it got very emotional towards the end, some people just couldn't believe that this would be their final visit to the Kulturwerkstatt Buer. The place was rather busy - partly seated, partly stand-up. I was lucky to find a seat on the balcony, from where a great view down to the stage without any obstacles was guaranteed. I enjoyed the great music with my neighbours, a handful of Albert & HHs newcomers who got hooked in no time. The band finished their set to tremendous applause and as usual there were long queues at the signing table after the show.
I brought some printouts of a special photo showing Peter and Chris with their former band, Jimmy & The Rackets (founded by Jimmy Duncombe who was big in the Sixties especially in Germany, Switzerland and Austria) - a nice surprise for both of them and also Sue Hargreaves. I kept one copy of the b/w print which both of them kindly signed for me. Great memories and a lot of fun for all of us including some local friends until it was time to leave.
Band:
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Chris Palmer, bass, voc
Doña Oxford, key, voc
The bands' last gig in Germany. A very responsive audience, the band were brilliant as usual, but it got very emotional towards the end, some people just couldn't believe that this would be their final visit to the Kulturwerkstatt Buer. The place was rather busy - partly seated, partly stand-up. I was lucky to find a seat on the balcony, from where a great view down to the stage without any obstacles was guaranteed. I enjoyed the great music with my neighbours, a handful of Albert & HHs newcomers who got hooked in no time. The band finished their set to tremendous applause and as usual there were long queues at the signing table after the show.
I brought some printouts of a special photo showing Peter and Chris with their former band, Jimmy & The Rackets (founded by Jimmy Duncombe who was big in the Sixties especially in Germany, Switzerland and Austria) - a nice surprise for both of them and also Sue Hargreaves. I kept one copy of the b/w print which both of them kindly signed for me. Great memories and a lot of fun for all of us including some local friends until it was time to leave.
Set list - Set 1
I'm ready
Let it roll
Your boys
Restless
LittleThings
Take your time
Something you got
No one can make my sunshine smile
Border Song
Just Because
Learning the game
It Comes To Me Naturally
Sweet Little Lisa
Set 2
Handle with Care
Luxury Liner
He's my baby
Runaway Train
The King of Broken Hearts
Rad Gumbo
The Boogie Woogie
Leave my woman alone
Highwayman
Country Boy
Encore:
A Better Place
Tear it up


