Line-up:
Albert Lee (git, voc, key),
Will MacGregor (b, voc),
John "J.T." Thomas (key, voc)
Jason Harrison Smith (ds, voc)
Albert Lee & Band at Musiktheater Piano Dortmund, last gig in Germany - one of the best gigs I've seen on this tour. The place was rather busy and it was a bit difficult to get to the front. Thanks to Jim I could stand at one stage side but decided to step back down after a while as taking photos from up there proved to be tricky - nevertheless it was good to watch the band from this angle, the drummer could be seen excellently which is not possible too often. Nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd as Jane Craxton and friends as well as some people from the 'Rhythm Kings scene'. The venue itself was new to me but I definitely preferred it to the FHH, another Dortmund venue where Albert used to play some years back. My favourite song of the night was "Pink Bedroom" a song I haven't heard for ages, also "Till I gain control" was done excellently.
Jim Cowan wrote on FB: "It's Saturday night at the Musiktheater Piano in the German city of Dortmund. Albert's first visit to this fine old hall is no disappointment to the fans who have filled this place up and band alike. This is the 2nd to last show of this very busy month. All winds up on Tuesday in Steinegg, Italy."
Setlist (not always in the right order):
I'm ready
Two step too
Wheels
Evangelina
Restless
Song for the life
Runaway train
Luxury liner
Spellbound
No one can make my sunshine smile
Pink bedroom
Rad Gumbo
Leave my woman alone
Highwayman
Till I gain control again
Country boy
Encore:
Tear it up