17 April 2010

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Bedford Civic Theatre - 17 April 2010

Bedford Civic Theatre - 17 April 2010
Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes at Bedford Civic Theatre - 17 April 2010

Cherry Lee Mewis at Bedford Civic Theatre -  17 April 2010Band:
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Gavin Povey, key, voc

Support:
Cherry Lee Mewis

Great gig at the Civic Theatre, lots of photos taken, slowly getting to grips with my camera. I didn't write a review, as it would only repeat what has been said a hundred times before. The band were brilliant, my seat was excellent, and I enjoyed every minute despite of the long and exhausting drive to the UK due to cancelled flights ...

Support for Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes was a young talent from Wales, now at home in Bedford, Cherry Lee Mewis (photo above). One journalist once wrote  "... her name sounds like a drunken mispronunciation for that what The Killer's progenitors gave him ..."

The boys (minus Albert)
at Bedford after show
Cherry has been described as the "real deal" in bringing a new and fresh approach to blues music in the UK. I thought that every song sounded a bit alike and lacked of variety but I've heard worse supports and luckily her performance didn't last too long. Cherry appeared only with one acoustic guitar. The rest of her band got stuck somewhere on the road ... "I'm real excited to support such a legend," says Cherry, "can't wait to get on that stage and also watch Albert up close!"

Setlist Set 1
  (not always in the right order)

Your Boys
Restless
Song And Dance
Travellin' Prayer
Runaway Train
Glory Bound
Wheels
I'll Never Get Over You
The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
Rad Gumbo
Highwayman
Breathless


Set 2

Two Step Too
You're Only Lonely
Leave The Candle
On The Verge
Let it Be Me
Oh Darling
Leave My Woman Alone
Til I Gain Control Again
Country Boy


Encore

Skip Rope Song
Tear It Up