A photo from the festival showing Luke Doucet with Albert Lee
by Six Shooter Records click here
more FB photos: 'Luke and the legends' Albert, James, Junior Brown
(you may have to be logged into FB to watch them)
________________________________________
Geoff who attended gave some comments on 04 Nov 2012:
(thanks for sharing with us!)
"In the aft I caught the steel thingey. Fantastic!
Then the Albert Lee interview. He claims he doesn't practice. He seems to do ok.
I caught the first four or five songs of the acoustic jam. Paul Pigat I didn't really know anything about, but he really impressed me. He has a couple instructional dvds for sale. I might pick one of them up. Colin Linden - I'd forgotten how good he is - both as a guitarist and singer. And Luke Doucet and Jesse playing the gypsy jazz guitar mentioned in the article I linked upthread somewhere.
The evening show started with Albert and his band. Albert can still rip it up. No instrumentals - Albert with keys, bass and drums. Albert also did one song on keys. And, he mentioned after doing Luxury Liner that they'd done it in the wrong key. He'd started it off in the key that his daughter does it and by the time he realized he figured it was too late.
Then Jr. Brown. The guit-steel, his wife on rhythm guitar and a bassist. It took me a song or two to realize he didn't have a drummer and all the rhythm was supplied by his wife's acoustic strumming. She was really good too, is what I'm trying to say. Jr even did a bit of Sleepwalk, and did a song on acoustic. I don't know if either of those are unusual.
Ok, James Burton tomorrow.
goodnight!
Cheers, Geoff"
________________________________________
We are pleased to announce some of the headliners and guest guitarists for Sleepwalk Guitar Festival 2012, held at the Great Hall (1087 Queen St. W) in Toronto on the weekend of Nov 2-4, 2012.
They include: James Burton, Albert Lee, Junior Brown, Nels Cline (Wilco), Cindy Cashdollar, Colin Linden, and Paul Pigat.
Friday night (Nov 2) concert sets will be performed by Nels Cline and Zeena Parkins at 9:00 pm, and Luke Doucet and the White Falcon at 10:30 pm.
Saturday night (Nov 3) concert sets will be performed by Albert Lee at 9:00 pm and Junior Brown at 10:30 pm (both artists will be accompanied by their bands).
