03 Juni 2010

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Fritz Henssler Haus Dortmund - 03 June 2010

Fritz Henssler Haus Dortmund, on a hot summer day

https://flic.kr/p/br1kQW
Band:
Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Gavin Povey, key, voc


Review:


Due to the bank holiday (in that part of our country only) and the long weekend, the house wasn't sold out and the gig was moved to the adjacent music café on short notice. Unfortunately the organisation left to be desired and the new seats were not numbered. Thus I lost my front row seat I had paid for, and the front row was occupied by other people who were not willing to move. Complaints didn't help as the organizers were not willing to help
... not a good start. Also, the gig started already at 7pm, it was very hot in the small café with its low ceiling, so lots of liquids required.

Anyway, the band made up for my disappointment and were just brilliant. And despite of the small room, the sound was excellent. Free posters for everyone meant long queues at the bands' table after show. The setlist was a bit shorter than usual, and some songs were left out.

Setlist
Set 1

Your Boys
Restless
Song And Dance
Travellin' Prayer
Runaway Train
Glory Bound
Wheels
I'll Never Get Over You
The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
Rad Gumbo
Highwayman
Breathless

Set 2
Barnyard Boogie

Two Step Too
I'm Coming Home
You're Only Lonely
Leave The Candle
On The Verge
Let It Be Me
Oh Darling
Leave My Woman Alone
Til I Gain Control Again
Country Boy


Encore

Skip Rope Song
Tear It Up