01 Juni 2010

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Rattlesnake Saloon Munich - Double Gig 31 May + 01 June 2010


... und hier meine Fotos mit kurzen Anmerkungen.
Tag 1:  31 Mai 2010:


The Rattlesnake Saloon is a great venue for live music in the outskirts of Munich, Bavaria. Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes have regularly visited the Saloon and used to play a double gig every year. It was a long way from Switzerland to Munich, but I had a day off which I spent in beautiful Austria to get my batteries charged. As always, nice to catch up with some 'regulars' at the Saloon. Also, Klaus Voormann ('the 5th Beatle') was there who is a friend of the band and came to see the first show as he does every year. Albert contributed to Klaus' latest CD 'A SIDEMAN’S JOURNEY' which was released last year, and Hogan's Heroes did some recordings with him in March 2009.  I shouldn't forget to mention the excellent support by BUCK ROGERS AND HIS TEXAS GENTS, if you can catch them, worth a listen.



Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes at Rattlesnake Saloon Munich - 31 May 2010

Click on the pic to the left for more
(111 photos on Flickr)

It doesn't happen too often that you're able
to take proper pictures of Peter hidden behind his drumkit.
This time I was lucky as he came onstage preparing
his drumkit before the gig started.
I had a seat close to the stage and
could ban him on some photos.



Tag 201 Juni 2010:

Bild 289
"The place was as smoky and hot as on the first day. It's a smoker's club with a very small stage, and Albert & the heroes did an incredible job performing another 2 hrs to a jam-packed house under these conditions. The audience thanked them with thundering applause and standing ovations. Again, I spotted familiar faces in the crowd, nice to meet ex-Berlin girl Bärbel living in Munich now, and the jolly country fans next table - we had some good laughs."






Set List - Rattlesnake Saloon Munich:

Set 1
YOUR BOYS
RESTLESS
SONG AND DANCE
TRAVELLIN' PRAYER
RUNAWAY TRAIN
GLORY BOUND
I'M COMING HOME
WHEELS
I'LL NEVER GET OVER YOU
THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR THE SUNRISE
RAD GUMBO
HIGHWAYMAN
BREATHLESS

Set 2
BARNYARD BOOGIE
TWO STEP TOO
YOU'RE ONLY LONELY
LEAVE THE CANDLE
ON THE VERGE
LET IT BE ME
OH DARLING
LEAVE MY WOMAN ALONE
TILL I GAIN CONTROL AGAIN
COUNTRY BOY

Encore
SKIP ROPE SONG
TEAR IT UP