02 Juni 2010

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes, Kaufmanns Schlachthof Bruchsal - 02 June 2010

Albert Lee & Hogan's Heroes im Schlachthof Bruchsal - 02 June 2010
Kaufmanns Schlachthof Bruchsal

Band:

Albert Lee, git, voc, key
Gerry Hogan, steel guitar, git
Peter Baron, drums, voc
Brian Hodgson, bass, backgr voc
Gavin Povey, key, voc
Special Guest:  Jill Morris

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjvMnnyzSupport The Rolling Drunks:
Horst Jabs, guitar vocals
Thomas Weick, lead guitar
Georg Grimm, bass

After the rather high ticket fees at both Munich gigs the days before, I was pleased to see that the price level was decent - same goes for meals and drinks. Thumbs up for the organiser! Our friends, Rolling Drunks from Karlsruhe opened for Albert and the boys and did a great job. Nice to meet up with Klaus, Ruth & Rosie (Ochsen-Team) and Jill Morris who drove up from Sinzheim/Baden-Baden to see the band again. Also great to meet up with Georg, Lisa and the rest of the Rolling Drunks from Karlsruhe.


The 2nd set started with Jill doing one of her favourite songs with the band, Kris Kristofferson's HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT. She added a second song WHEN WILL I BE LOVED, an interesting change to the setlist. During the encore Georg Grimm sat in on bass doing SINGING THE BLUES with the band to big applause!


Set 1
YOUR BOYS
RESTLESS
SONG AND DANCE
TRAVELLIN' PRAYER
RUNAWAY TRAIN
GLORY BOUND
I'M COMING HOME
WHEELS
I'LL NEVER GET OVER YOU
THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR THE SUNRISE
RAD GUMBO
HIGHWAYMAN
BREATHLESS

Set 2
HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT (w/ JILL MORRIS on vocals)
WHEN WILL I BE LOVED (w/JILL MORRIS on vocals)
TWO STEP TOO
YOU'RE ONLY LONELY
LEAVE THE CANDLE
ON THE VERGE
LET IT BE ME
OH DARLING
LEAVE MY WOMAN ALONE
TILL I GAIN CONTROL AGAIN
COUNTRY BOY

Encore
SKIP ROPE SONG
SINGING THE BLUES (w/GEORG GRIMM ON BASS)
TEAR IT UP